Saturday, October 30, 2010

Together we can...love

Matthew recently wrote this for school:

I have a brother who has a special body.
He can’t walk. He can’t talk. He can’t move his body in the way he wants. But does have his own language of love. One of the ways he tells me he loves me is with his wink. He is always winking because he only has one eye.

He shows me love when I lay by him. He is like a teddy bear because even though he can’t talk, he always listens. I can tell him my problems and he makes me feel happy.
When I’m having a hard day, I lay by him and he helps my bad feelings to melt away. He helps me to feel peaceful.

When I hug my brother I like to do a special arm lock with his arm and mine. My brother can’t hug me back, but when I want him to hug me I help him by putting his arms around my neck. 


I can tell he’s happy when I’m around. When I come home from school and I’m near him, he usually gives me a smile.

My brother teaches me that love is the most important thing ever. He tells me with a feeling. He tells me with his heart. He shows me you don’t have to have a perfect body to love perfectly.


17 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Lacey said...

Love it. Just like my boys with Jax. Our boys are so lucky to have such special siblings!

shirlgirl said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful story! Your Matthew has a beautiful way of expressing his love for his brother Caleb.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures always tell a thousand words April! xx

Tara Bennett said...

Oh my this is perfect and heavenly. We have to share it on kidz. Is that okay? I love their special love!!!

Colleen said...

Oh my goodness, I'm tearing up! I also read it to my daughter and she liked it too.

Rebecca Jackson said...

What beautiful words spoken out of pure brotherly love!

Junior said...

so sweet, Caleb is filled with love and surrounded by love.

Becky said...

(tears) It's beautiful April. I love the bond those two share.

Brad and Hailey said...

That's beautiful! You have such amazing boys!

Jenn said...

Wow, that is just simply amazing and precious! You are so lucky to have such sweet, tender hearted boys!

Lisa Christine said...

That was just about the sweetest thing I have ever read :)

Bugg's mama said...

How sweet that those brothers have each other!

Wiggles said...

Oh my goodness this is the sweetest thing ever. Your boys are so sweet with your Wink from Heaven. I want to hug all of them.

Cami said...

this is probably one of the most beautiful things that I have ever read. You have such a sweet family!

Jenkins said...

Melt my heart! Who could read through that without tears?!

Julianne said...

This was the perfect thing for me to read today. I can never tell you how thankful I am you guys are in my life! Great essay Matthew! You Rock! Jewels