Monday, July 25, 2011

Asking in Faith

A few weeks ago our little rabbit Lu Lu died.  It was really heart breaking for all of us.  It was the first close experience my children have had with death.  They loved and cared for their bunny every single day and seeing her still little body just broke their hearts.  We've all been really tender about it.  Matthew took all of the pictures down that he drew of her because they made him too sad.  Sometimes the boys still cry at night when they think about her.  One night as Matthew was sobbing, he said, "If it hurts this much to have Lu Lu die, how will we stand it if Caleb dies?"

Oh my sweet boys.  They love their brother so much.  We live a joyful life and can usually put our fears aside and focus on the blessing of each day.  However, sometimes there are moments when fears of losing Caleb creep up and make us feel extra tender inside.

For the past several weeks Caleb's heart rate has been really low.  He's been spending more and more time in the 40's and one night even dipped all the way down to 36.  The fears I  keep tucked in the quiet corners of my heart have been creeping.  I've been extra tender inside as I've visited with doctors and scheduled appointments with cardiology.  My little boys have been extra worried too.


The other night Matthew said to Dallan,
"Dad, Caleb isn't going to die."  to which Dallan responded, "well everyone is going to die sometime."  Matthew replied, "Not if Caleb makes it to the Lord's second coming, then he'll just be "twinkled" right?  And besides, in the scriptures it says if you ask in faith, you will get it.  So I prayed that Caleb wouldn't die- and that if he does, well then we'll just need to go together." 


Sometimes I wish I could shield my children  from worries that seem too big for their little hearts.  Yet I know  their hearts are growing in ways  I can't fully comprehend.  So when I'm feeling extra worried, I'm asking Heavenly Father -with lots of faith -to bless each of our hearts to have the capacity they need. 

10 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh I know exactly how you feel April. Last week Jalen just started crying and said 'when do you think Noah will die Mum!?'. We often just push it to the back, but we can't help wondering, and the hardest thing to comprehend is how we will cope when it happens. I hope you are able to get some answers as to what is going on with Caleb at the moment. Thinking of you all. xxx

The VW's said...

Praying for you, Caleb and your sweet boys! May you all be given peace, strength and grace today....and always! Big Hugs!!!

The Marrott Family said...

Hope everything is alright. Thinking of you and your sweet little guys. You have an amazing, eternal family, April!

Janene Baadsgaard said...

May God bless you with the peace that your fears are known and that God will never leave you alone to face them and feel His love.

Becky said...

We need to talk...I'm sorry we haven't connected yet. I love you and your most amazing family! xoxo

shirlgirl said...

My prayers are with all of you. Your Matthew is such a deep thinker. I am sorry for the loss of Lu Lu. To lose a pet you cared for every day and loved so much is so hard. I had to put my 18 year-old cat, Lily, down in May of 2010. It was such a traumatic experience, but she gave us so much joy and I didn't want her to suffer so let her go. I pray that Caleb will be doing better. I can't even imagine what you are going through but please know that I send you all my love and my prayers and keep you close to my heart. Caleb brings so much joy into all of our lives, and I love reading about him and your boys--I just love your family. Love to you, April. Give all the boys a hug and kiss from "Aunt" Shirley and let them know that I am thinking of them always.

Emily said...

Oh April! This post made me so sad. I know summers are always super crazy but we need to make time to get together. I miss you and Caleb.

arianne said...

Then that's what we'll pray for too. All my love.

Jen said...

Thinking of your family today.

Prayers for many blessings and peace for you and your little ones!

Jen

Alanna said...

I'm so sorry April for Lulu and for the hard things you and your little ones have to have creeping up in the backs of your minds. My hearts going out to you. We'll pray for Caleb and for you and for all of your family. Sure love you.