Caleb had a Cardiology appointment yesterday. We discussed his low heart rate issues and the cardiologist had us do an echocardiogram (an ultra sound of the heart) to see if there were any evident complications. The ECHO showed that his heart actually looks better than it did in 2008 when he had his last echo. He did point out that there is some flow into the right atrium that is unexplained and he wanted to get a second opinion before we discussed it. In the meantime, he also sent us home with a Holter monitor. The monitor is hooked up to Caleb for 24 hours so the cardiologists can get a better idea what his heart is doing during a full day. Hopefully with more information we'll know if there is anything we can do to help his heart rate improve.
6 comments:
Hope the monitor gives the specialist some more answers x
I'm glad you are getting some answers, and hope they can figure out a way to help him. Poor little man.
I may not be a doc, but I think I may be able to diagnose what is in his heart: love, LOVE, love, & joy.
xoox, Bree
I love you Caleb
I got your message...I'm going to call tonight on my way down to MA. You (and Caleb) are in my heart...always.
Good luck with figuring out what's happening with his heart rate! I glad his heart looks better than in 2008.
Post a Comment