This year for Memorial Day weekend we visited Caleb's grave on Sunday evening. I liked being there when it wasn't quite so busy. We enjoyed sitting under the tree and talking about the things we loved and remembered about our Caleb. Last memorial day was so tender for me...this one was softer...it was a sweet time to fill our hearts with remembering.
We spent Sunday night at my parents cabin and on Monday enjoyed sleeping in, going on a hike and having a yummy barbecue.
When Mitchell got tired on our hike I taught him the magic way to get more hiking energy. You find a pine needle, break it in half then take a big sniff and it fills you with energy. Mitchell filled his pocket with pine needles and every time he would break one and sniff, he'd take off at full speed! "Thanks for teaching me about the magic" he said, as we walked up the path toward the cabin.
Mitchell was also convinced he uncovered a Big Foot skeleton and footprints! As we walked back to the cabin he about had a heart attack when my dad jumped around a corner pretending to be big foot!
I am thankful for sweet, tender and funny memories this memorial day.







2 comments:
His spot is beautiful. You have such an amazing family! Have I told you how cool you are for being BYU fans ; 0)
Glad there was peace for your family this year. We all feel peace when we visit Caleb. I love that big foot story. And the hiking energy--I'm going to have to use that one.
Post a Comment