Last summer our little pet rabbit "Lu Lu" died. Oh we were so tender. It was my children's first experience seeing something they dearly loved die. My sweet boys carved Lu Lu's name onto a little headstone they made for her so she would always have a special place. In a quiet part of my heart I wondered if this experience was preparing them to lose their brother... Seven months later Caleb passed away. One of the first things Mitchell asked after Caleb died was, "Do you think Caleb gets to have Lu Lu for a pet in heaven?"
For Easter Caleb got a little brown rabbit to share with his brothers so they could know he was taking good care of Lu Lu for them.
This past weekend our little special goldfish died. Our boys were so tender about it. They didn't want to flush him, so we we buried him next to Lu Lu.
The first thing Mitchell said was, "Now Caleb gets to have a pet gold fish too!"

7 comments:
Oh no, your special fishy friend! I'm so sorry. But, Caleb has gained another great pet! :o) What a great viewpoint your boys have!
Sure love your family!
Heaven is so close when it becomes so personal
So glad that Caleb is looking after them. Hope you are all doing okay - I think of you all the time. xxx
The goldfish died! The most pampered goldfish in America? I'm so sorry!
Oh, yes he does get to have a goldfish too!!! Such a sweet, tender story!
Such a sweet post for so many reasons! I bet Caleb loves taking care of the family's pets!
I love that little boy of yours. He has grand perspective. xo
Post a Comment