We recently took a day trip to Arches National Park and had a wonderful adventure together!
It tugs at our hearts that it is so easy to pack up and go. We miss the time it took to pack the wheel chair, feeding pumps, oxygen tanks, and suction supplies. Going on a trip that simply wouldn't have worked with Caleb is such a tender reminder that he isn't here.
However we want to continue to make happy memories together, so we take a "Wink" with us whenever we go! It's our way to keep Caleb in our family pictures and feel his spirit with us!

4 comments:
such a wonderful way to feel connected to Caleb. I love all the wink pictures.
Beautiful pictures of the scenery and a special family. Love that you bring your "wink" with you wherever you go.
I love this. Your family is so precious!!!
Because of my brother, we stopped going on vacations as a family when I was 15. It was just too hard to get things all packed, just like you are saying. But, of course, we would trade the vacations for time with our brother. And I am certain that Caleb would want your family to enjoy every single second you can as a family, and like you said, I'm also sure he is close by enjoying that time right along with you. I told Mike right after Laila died that I didn't want to be so consumed with grief that I wasn't able to enjoy the boys that were still here with us--I didn't want to miss the mortal moments I had to spend with them too caught up in my grief. So, we try to just keep life normal, and happy and fun. And I think Laila would want it that way, and I'm sure Caleb wants it for your family as well.
Sorry for the novel...
Post a Comment