After Caleb passed away some dear friends gave us the funds to purchase a special tree we could plant in his memory. We ended up having enough to not only plant a tree, but a little flower garden around it! I picked a rose of Sharon tree because they stay small and sweet, but bloom with the most beautiful flowers in the summer time. It started blooming a few weeks ago and every time I walk out the front door I think of the words from Edelweiss:
...Ev'ry morning you greet me
Small and white
Small and white
clean and bright
You look happy to meet me.
Blossom of snow
May you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever...
Those sweet heavenly blossoms make me think of our sweet boy every time I walk outside.
With all of my heart,
Thank you.
7 comments:
Lovely!
I will have this song in my head all day, and be glad to think of you and sweet Caleb.
:)
They are beautiful!!! What a sweet gift!
beautiful
I just love that beautiful little tree with big white blossoms. It makes me think of Caleb too and all the love he has brought to our family.
Lovely, April. I have a Rose of Sharon, which is also white, that my mother planted in our yard about 44 years ago. It is very large and is covered with blooms. My neighbor prunes it for me every year. May you have many years of enjoyment and beautiful memories with your Rose of Sharon.
April- that's so interesting that you said that. When Makayla and I were walking home from church I saw the blossoms and thought of Caleb instantly. So pure and clean yet brings such joy and happiness to all who see it. I still had that impression and couldn't take my eyes off it and the surrounding flowers. So very beautiful.
What a perfect choice to remember Caleb.
Post a Comment