This past Christmas I heard that WICKED was coming to town! The last time it came to Salt Lake I tried for hours to get tickets but was unsuccessful. I crossed my fingers this time and called the ticket office to see if I could surprise Dallan with tickets for Christmas. There were some seats left, but none of them were together, so I decided to send a message to Dallan work.
Me: So... would you want to see WICKED?!!!!
Dallan: Why?
Me: Because I really really really want to see it but just found out there are no seats together.
Would you still consider going?
Dallan: Um...what if hypothetically we already had tickets for July 19th.....?
I had hoped to surprise Dallan with tickets for Christmas, and he had already purchased them for me for a birthday surprise. I was really touched that he knew how delighted I would be.
With a heart full of gratitude and delight, I went on a special date with my sweet heart along with my brother Jacob and his wife Teresa. We ate a wonderful dinner at the Copper Onion then went to see WICKED! Oh I absolutely loved every minute!
I couldn't help but think of Caleb during several parts of my favorite song:
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
...But because I knew you,
I have been changed for good.
3 comments:
Love those lyrics...
The way you carry Caleb in your heart wherever you go, whatever you do is really touching.
I'm confused: isn't your birthday in April?
What a good husband!
Hello, beautiful friend. This message has been in my heart since you posted it. I'm trying to get back in the swing over at kidz and planned on sharing it this Saturday. I'm sure you're okay with that, but I wanted to run it past you first. Love you too much! xo
Post a Comment