Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mother's Day

In our Faith we have missionaries all over the world sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.  In the two years they are gone from their families, they get to call home on Christmas and Mother's day.  
This Mother's day I found myself wishing my missionary in heaven was able to call home.  I would love to hear about his experiences, those who he is teaching, and what his area is like.  

We visited Caleb's grave that evening, and I know that he was close.  In those moments when I miss him beyond description a quote from a recent article comes to mind.  
 "Grief is the natural by-product of love.  One cannot selflessly love another person and not grieve at his suffering or eventual death.  The only way to avoid grief would be not to experience the love, and it is love that gives life its richness and meaning."  
 from the article,"The Refining Fire of Grief"

I am so thankful for the privilege of loving so deeply. 
That ache in my heart is a sacred thing to carry...
Being the mother of Caleb and his brothers fills my heart to overflowing.  Knowing they are mine forever is the most meaningful mother's day gift I could ever receive.

3 comments:

Janae said...

Happy Mother's Day ! You are one of the sweetest moms I know. Love ya!

Emily said...

Beautifully expressed!

shirlgirl said...

You are an awesome Mom, and Caleb was so lucky to have you for his Mom. He received so much love and care from you and his wonderful family. He was truly blessed as he also blessed you with his presence.