Last night Caleb got to see Elder Jeffrey R. Holland! We were invited to eat with him before the evening session of my parent's Stake Conference. Caleb first met Elder Holland when Mom and Dad Moody were set apart as mission presidents. When Elder Holland walked by our table he asked "Now, who is this?" and I said, "This is Caleb, he actually got to meet you a few years ago!" Elder Holland responded "I remember Caleb- Wow, he takes up a lot more room on your lap than the last time I saw him...!" We were touched that he took a moment to say hello!
This song will always remind me of Elder Holland's message- that God loves broken things....especially a broken heart and contrite spirit.
8 comments:
COOL! That's so neat!! I love Elder Holland--have you read his "Temple-Prison" talk?? Hey, are you on Facebook?
Wow, what a beautiful experience. I love that he remembered him. How special!
of COURSE he remembered Caleb - how could one ever forget? :) I'm so grateful that Caleb was able to shine his LIGHT...once again.
Wow! He remembered him of the thousands of people he meets each year. What a neat experience. Caleb leaves a lasting impression of love that is unforgettable.
How fun for all of you! I think Elder Holland was the lucky one to meet Caleb.
Great song, by the way.
thats so neat!!!!
My sister in law was looking at blogs listed on her friend's blog (Kim H) and saw yours. She was very touched and forwarded it to me. My daughter Clare was born 14 months ago. A few days before she was born she suffered a stroke effecting the majority of the left side of her brain. There were many other complications and we are currently undergoing discussions with our surgeon about getting a G-tube. There is so much I can relate to on your blog. The way you write is beautiful and inspiring! I especially loved the entry on Feb. 3 - A tribute to my brothers. You so elegantly expressed the way I feel about my older two's interactions with Clare. I was hoping that you would allow me to quote it on my blog. I can see you are very busy but if you get the opportunity to answer this comment, that would be great!
Thank you for all you've shared and for the way you have lifted myself and others.
Jadi Jackson
how exciting that you all got to meet elder holland! i especially enjoy his conference talks. i guess it won't be long til we get to hear him speak again. when is conference, in a week or two?
Post a Comment