Friday, January 14, 2011

Caleb's 6th birthday

Happy Birthday dear Caleb!

Caleb had a wonderful birthday! There was such a special spirit in our home as we reflected on the past 6 years. 
6 years ago we were driving to the hospital on cold winter morning to have a new baby boy. We didn't know if we would have even have the chance to say hello before we would have to say good bye.

6 years ago we were told we'd likely have days or weeks. We were encouraged to purchase a burial plot. We left the hospital on hospice care.

6 years ago we came home to a room full of hospital equipment and hearts full of worry.

6 years ago on my way to that hospital, I kept thinking to myself, in a few hours my life will never be the same.
It hasn't.
And I am forever thankful.

Each of the children helped pick a gift from the birthday bag to give to Caleb




A special friend
With a special delivery all the way from New Hampshire.

Thank you Ben.  Tears.

Remind you of UP?
A special "I Spy" quilt from a special family.
A surprise visit from two of our favorite people! 
Bright balloons snuggles and foot-rubs were the perfect gifts!

This special grandma shares the same birthday!
Granny B wrote Caleb a special birthday story.  
You can read it here.  Have a tissue ready. 

The one and only Grandpa B
Brother Buddy Matthew "Match"
Uncle John and Aunt Alisa
Big Brother Josh'ers'

Little Brother Mitch'ie'
Pretty proud parents

15 comments:

Devon said...

YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!!!!!

Brad and Hailey said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Caleb! I am totally jealous of your new puppy friend. He looks super soft and fun!

Rebecca Jackson said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! Love the cute pictures!

The Kings said...

Oh your accents make me smile!! :)
What a wonderful birthday. Those balloons are incredible!! Glad he had such a great day.

Anonymous said...

Happy 6th Birthday Gorgeous! x

The VW's said...

Your sweet boy is such a blessing to this world! Glad to see you guys celebrated him to the fullest! Looks like a love-filled day! Happy 6th Birthday Caleb! Hugs!!!

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!!

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Happy Birthday little man

arianne said...

That picture of him holding the happy birthday sign just got my teary. I'm so glad the day was filled with love.

Unknown said...

Yay!!!
Birthday LOVE~

Lisa Christine said...

6 years! Happy Happy Birthday!!!


By the way...I see that Caleb and Elisabeth have the same chair!!

Emily said...

I don't know why but this post made me tear up. I love your sweet little boy so much. I'm so happy he got to celebrate such a special day with his family all around him. I love you April.

Junior said...

Happy Birthday Caleb, looks like you had a fantastic day. Love all the pics and you have some very cool balloons. Love and hugs

Becky said...

(crying) I love that boy...and you...and your whole (very large) family! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love the way he moves his head to the song as if swaying to the music. If he can't hear, he is picking up on the vibrations of the song or having his hand shaken because he is definately enjoying this attention. In my work with children with severe autism, I have found that these children also love that hand motion where you take their hand and gently shake it as you guys are doing in the video. It is good sensory input.