The day after we got home from the hospital we had a family gathering to watch the BYU game and celebrate my niece's birthday! I had Caleb on my lap while I was eating cake and ice cream and decided to let Caleb have a tiny bite of ice cream. He loved it! He even opened his mouth for more! It made me teary. You see, Caleb is fed through a g tube in his belly. He has a nissin and also has a cleft palate which has made oral feedings impossible. He has enjoyed cotton candy, licks of licorice and other little tastes, but I've never seen him respond the way he did to ice cream. I don't ever want to forget the joy on his face as watched him lick bite after bite off of his little lips.
6 comments:
Priceless! Love these little people who remind us the importance of enjoying every beautiful moment life offers! Thanks for reminding me tonight, Caleb and April!
Awww, I know what you mean....seeing them light up with sweet flavor is worth the smiles!
don't you love those moments. I like ice cream too Caleb :)
So beautiful moments. Time of life that never to be forget.
how to build muscle quickly
I, too, love the "little moments." They are so rare, so priceless, and they can sustain you even through the difficult times.
I'll never forget the first time Claire drank 47 cc's orally. We had been in the NICU for weeks working on feeding, and her previous "record" was 24 cc's. Her nurses reminded me time and time again that she should be drinking closer to 60 cc's at every meal, which seemed like an insurmountable "goal." The night that she drank 47 cc's, my husband and I were so excited, we practically turned cartwheels in the hospital hallway!
Who doesn't like ice cream? Glad he enjoyed his little tastes.
Post a Comment