Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Moments I don't want to forget: Movie Nights

Since having Caleb we have become night owls.  His feeding and medication schedules have made it necessary to stay up with him until around midnight.  As a result, we have some really sweet quiet time with him after we tuck the other boys in bed.   For the past several months Dallan Caleb and I have been watching the "Larkrise to Candleford" BBC series in those later hours of the night.  I sit on the couch and make a nest out of my legs for Caleb to sit in.  I cover us up with blankets, and we watch an episode together.  He melts into all of my space and rests his fuzzy little head against me.
I never want to forget the way it feels to have Caleb fill up my lap.  I don't want to forget how sweet his hair smells when I  rub my nose in it.  I don't want to forget how peaceful it is to have him breathing with me, and I don't want to forget how sometimes we get so cozy we fall asleep together. Finally, I never want to forget how much I love to watch his little legs dangle over Dallan's arms as he's carried off to bed. 
We love this time so much, that even on the nights when we could go to bed earlier... we don't.
Can you blame us?

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are such sweet memories! I've been watching that show on occasion too, when Chase is working and I'm up late with the baby :)

The Kings said...

Totally understand :) We love the late nights with Noah too when his brothers are all in bed :)

shirlgirl said...

Such precious moments for you.

Brad and Hailey said...

So sweet!

Lisa said...

That is one of the most tender posts I have read. I think that is the hardest things about loosing these angels is having your arms empty.

Jenny said...

AH! I was just having the same thoughts about Samantha the other day. Those are precious precious moments.