Monday, March 19, 2012

Disneyland

In June of 2004 Dallan and I packed up our two little boys to begin our first family trip to California!  We were headed to Los Angeles for a family wedding and planned to visit Disneyland while we were there!  On our way I called my dad and told him we were expecting!   The little one we were expecting was our sweet Caleb.    He experienced Disneyland tucked right beneath my heart.

Tonight, 7 years later, I am packing up our car for our second family trip to California.  This time we all have Caleb tucked in our hearts.

Several days after Caleb passed away Dallan and I knew we needed to do something joyful as a family.  We knew we needed to make a happy memory together to help ease the ache in our hearts.  We talked about taking the boys to Disneyland but knew we would need to wait for a while and make sure we had covered all of Caleb's funeral expenses.

A few days later Dallan's wonderful boss and his wife came to visit with us.  They shared with us that they and Dallan's friends at work were putting together a Disneyland trip for us.  
Words cannot express the tender feelings in my heart.  
How did they know?
How do we thank people for being an answer to our quiet and tender prayers?
How do we share what a blessing it has been to see our children's hearts lifted as they anticipate such a joyful adventure?
I may never know the specifics of who was involved, but I am praying that each person will be blessed to know in a deeply personal way how dearly they have blessed our family.

In Mitchell's prayers he keeps asking Heavenly Father to help Caleb get resurrected so he can come with us....Even though that prayer might not be answered so quickly... I know Caleb will be with us, and he will be a special part of a joyful memory together... tucked sweetly in our hearts.

12 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

The kindness of others to help your family and Mitchell's sweet prayer are now tucked in my heart. Enjoy this special time. Love you!

The Kings said...

oh that is so wonderful! It's my dream to one day take my boys there. Aaron and I had promised them we would after Noah passed away. One day :) Enjoy yourselves and create lots of wonderful memories. I'm sure Caleb will be right by your side.

The Johnson Crew said...

I am so excited for your family. There are wonderful people everywhere. Have a great time!

Gayle

Jenny said...

Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father works? How people are placed in our lives? How they are inspired as to what they can specifically do to help ease a burden and calm an aching heart? Though, I suppose I shouldn't be, I'm often in awe of how our Father uses others to help each of us. I'm so happy that you'll have this time as and entire family to have fun and create such great memories. Love you!

shirlgirl said...

What a wonderful gift to your family. Have a wonderful time with the boys as you experience the delight in their eyes of all that they see at Disneyland. It is such an awesome park. I know the trip will be a tender one for you, but a much needed one. Sending love and hugs. Aunt Shirley

Janene Baadsgaard said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Jenn said...

So exciting, I hope you guys have a fabulous vacation! It amazes me how so many people can be instruments in Heavenly Father's hands, what a blessing!

Brad and Hailey said...

How wonderful that your prayers were answered and your family gets to take that trip! Brought such happy tears to my eyes. What a blessing!

Janae said...

What a sweet blessing for your family. Enjoy each other!

Jennie said...

I'm so glad you guys get to go. What a fun experience. I hope everyone has a marvelous time. Make sure you hit the little general store outside of the Winnie the Pooh ride exit. They have the best treats and a quiet shaddy spot to eat them. Love you!

Bugg's mama said...

What a wonderful time you'll have together, I know it!!! So happy for you & all your boys. xoxo, Bree

Sarah said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift. God does hear our prayers. I'm so happy you were able to make memories, and have him close. xo