One of Caleb's sweet nurses, Hailey, recently went on a cruise with her friends. She really touched our hearts with the photos and letter she shared with us. (Thank you Hailey- we love you!)
Dear Caleb,
I recently had the opportunity to go on a cruise with my friends, it was so much fun and very relaxing! The cruise line that I went through, Royal Caribbean, is one of the biggest contributors to the Make a Wish Foundation. You can imagine my excitement when I learned that the ship was holding awalk for wishes and selling T-shirts in which all the proceeds go to the foundation. In my heart I knew that I wanted to share a wink for you in some way. My friends and I went down to the Make a Wish booth where I asked the lady running it to take our picture with our special “wink” sign. I was able to tell her your story and what it means to share a wink. It was the highlight of my vacation! Caleb, you are always on my mind but one particular night I was all alone looking over the big blue ocean. It was so peaceful and calming, for a moment I could feel heaven close to me. I immediately thought of you and your sweet spirit. I prayed that you would know how much you’ve changed and continue to change my life. Now every time I look at the beautiful serene ocean I will think of you. I am so blessed and grateful to my Heavenly Father for the time I got to spend with you here on earth, but also for the time now that I get to feel your spirit close to me. I cannot express how much you mean to me and how much I love you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for knowing me. Thank you for changing me. Thank you for blessing me. I love you so much sweet boy!
Love always,
Hailey
6 comments:
So precious, it made me cry! It is an awesome feeling when someone truly loves your child. My Shaylee gets to be a flower girl at our babysitter's wedding and she is so excited! I felt honored that she would love Shaylee so much and want her to be a part of her wedding!
...this made me cry.
So much love!!!
XO
What a beautiful post and letter. Thank you for sharing this very special letter to Caleb with us and Hailey's pictures. She was put in the right place at the right time on that cruise ship. So glad she enjoyed her trip and the memories that she made and will keep with her forever. And, of course, she'll always have Caleb in her heart as we all do.
Ah, crying in the office reading this. Such a sweet, sweet boy. So sorry I didn't get to meet him, but blessed to know his story.
I love Hailey. What a beautiful gift to sweet Caleb. This made me cry too. xo
How awesome!!! You can tell the impact sweet Caleb made!!
Post a Comment