Friday, January 14, 2005

Caleb's first days at home

Caleb had to pass a car seat test at the hospital to make sure he could remain stable enough for us to take him home. Caleb will be fed with a feeding tube, he'll need constant oxygen(that I only remove quickly to take pictures) and he'll be attached to lots of monitors.

January 14, 2005 (from my journal) Caleb, you came home today! We've been busy the past few days going back and forth from Salt Lake to be with you. We've also been learning how to use all of your equipment so that we can take good care of you...I know you'll love being here surrounded by your family who dearly love you. I promise I will do my best to take good care of you. I will love and cherish each day I get to spend with you, my angel baby!




January 16, 2005 (from my journal) Caleb, do you have any idea how beautiful you are? I could just stare at you all day! I love how soft your skin is and how sweet your neck smells! Today I gave you your first little bath. You looked adorable and pick. Your hair was nice and fluffy when I finished with you....Yesterday your smiled at me for the first time! You even had a cute little dimple that just melts me!

No comments: