Monday, February 2, 2009

There's no place like home

Caleb doesn't have any ruby slippers, but our wish was granted... He's coming home tomorrow! He got his chest tubes out today, and his lungs look good! He's tolerating his feedings well, and I've finished my g tube training. So we're preparing to be home by tomorrow evening! Caleb will still be recovering for quite a few weeks, but what better place to heal than his own cozy room, his own comfy bed, and his own family and friends to snuggle him? There's definitely no place like home!

A few pictures from the past few days:

Still not feeling so well...

Starting to feel better...


Getting a snuggle from a"HUG" his nurse gave him!

13 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh I am so glad he is coming home. I'm sorry he had an extended stay.

Prayers.

Alanna said...

Oh good! I'm always so glad when he gets to come back you his wonderful loving home! Good luck!

Becca said...

I hope that he continues to get better! You are in our prayers!

Devon said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

Tara Bennett said...

Hooray for home sweet home! And that 'hug' is simply fantastic! He looks much better, and I'm sure he'll thrive even more when he's in the comforts of his own room!

Kelly said...

Yay for Caleb! We are so happy that he gets to go home! I bet he is soo excited to play with is brothers.

shirlgirl said...

Glad he's coming home. Oh, those adorable cheeks. I just want to bite them! But, you can kiss them for me. Love to you. And Caleb, good work, sweet boy. You'll be so happy to be home with Mom, Dad, and your brothers. Keep up the good work.

The Marrott Family said...

i've been praying for your little guy! I am so glad he is coming home! You're an amazing mother April! You inspire me! lots of love from the Marrotts!

Becky said...

LOVE the pictures. Such a sweet, handsome boy. Cheers to Caleb for healing so well. I know you'll take such GREAT care of him at home. You ARE an amazing mother.♥

Kel said...

Wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad his surgery went well and he can come back home! What a beautiful, precious family you have!

a.men said...

April, Normally I just lurk on your blogs, but I have been so touched by the story of your little guy I can no longer lurk, but must comment. Thank you so much for sharing his and your story with us. You are such a great mom and I admire you so much. Thanks for being a wonderful example. You are always so positive in spite of the many challenges you face. God bless you! Aprel

Junior said...

So glad to hear he is coming home.
God bless