Caleb had a really good day today! When I arrived, I changed his trach then changed his G tube dressings and had some more training. By this afternoon we were moved out of the PICU and onto the floor! He still has his chest tubes in, but the drainage has almost stopped! Caleb also started a slow continuous feeding through his g tube. They started him at 5 ml. per hour and are slowly increasing. Once we were settled on the floor I crawled into bed with him and held him on my lap for over 3 hours. Those moments truly remind me what heaven felt like. I finally had to put him down when I got too numb and sweaty from sitting for so long :) Caleb loved being snuggled and held. It was just what the doctor ordered, for both of us. Caleb still has some challenges breathing, but he's getting close to his breathing patterns at home. If all goes well, we may be able to bring him home in a few days to continue his recovery with our home equipment!
Dear Caleb, thanks for the snuggles today. That big dose of L.O.V.E was just what I needed! I love you!
5 comments:
I am so grateful to be reading that his day was much better. We are continuing to pray for him. I'm glad you got to have some quality snuggle time - nothing better than that. :)
I'm sorry Caleb is still having problems. Your angel boy will stay in our prayers.
So glad you got to cuddle with Caleb! I will continue to pray for him and check back in for updates.
~Hugs & Prayers!
Glad to hear that Caleb is doing better. You'll be an old pro with his feedings. Snuggling is always calming for both of you. He is such a cutie.
Yay Caleb! He is so amazing! His strength never ceases to amaze me! I am glad you got to snuggle him, snuggles make motherhood infinitely wonderful!
Post a Comment