Today in Relief Society we had the opportunity to listen to President Monson's talk "Joy in the Journey." This is one of my favorites talks. I love how he taught that we should never let a problem to be solved be more important than a person to be loved. I love how he said that we should focus less on what is missing and instead realize the abundance that surrounds us. I loved his council to make memories, to cherish those around us, and to find joy in our journey now! Today, however, I learned another truth from his inspired words.
Lately, I have been thinking about what I would want my children to hear from me if I knew my time with them was limited. If I only had a few words left, what would I want them to be? President Monson spoke of a man who was a prisoner of war for 2 years and was finally allowed to write a letter to his family. His letter was limited to 25 words or less. That story was so tender to me. I thought about what I would want my 25 words to be. There have been times when my heart has been in agony as I've watched Caleb struggle. I've worried about what I would want my last words to be if I had to say good bye.
As I continued to listen to president Monson's talk, I heard him teach us that the most important thing we can do is to create a legacy of love. It brought my heart peace. I realized I didn't need to worry so much about last words. I needed to continue creating a legacy of love now. And maybe then, if time was short,words wouldn't be so necessary because those who I cherish will already know.
Here is President Monson's talk in it's entirety. It's worth watching again and again.
2 comments:
HE KNOWS! Caleb already knows. What a beautiful message and post today. I've missed you my friend! xoxo
That talk was one that I will never forget. Thank you for sharing it. You're right, it's worth watching again, and again.
Post a Comment