Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wishes really do come true

Caleb is going to have a wish granted by the "Make a Wish" Foundation! We are so excited! The foundation contacted me a few days ago to see if we'd be willing to be the featured family for an upcoming "Family Fun Run" in our area since Caleb will be getting a wish granted soon! The Fun Run is being sponsored by local schools in conjunction with Utah Family Month in November, and all of the money gathered goes directly to the foundation!

The "Make a Wish" foundation grants wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. It has been a wonderful experience to work with a foundation that focuses on creating magic for children like Caleb and their families! You can check out their website here to learn more about them!

Here is the information for the Family Fun Run:

Family Fun Run
Saturday, November 7th at Orem Elementary
9:00 Registration, Warm up, Meet Make-A-Wish child (That's US!)
10:00 Run Begins
1 Mile/5k Run/Walk
$5.00 by October 29th includes T-shirt
$7.00 after October 29th does not include T-shirt
There will be refreshments and prizes afterwards!
If you are interested in participating, just let me know and I'll e mail you the registration form. If you return them to me with your $5 registration fee I'm happy to turn them in for you!

13 comments:

minerfam said...

How awesome!! Where will the walks take place??
I would love to try to make it up there!
-DanaLee

April said...

It is at Orem Elementary on 4th South in Orem!

The Brames said...

Hey April. Jord and I would love to do it. Will you email me the form?
mandee.brame@gmail.com. Thanks!

The Brames said...

Hey April, Jord and I would love to do it. Will you email me the form?

mandee.brame@gmail.com

Thanks!

Becky said...

Too bad it can't be the week I'm out there. I would totally be involved. Can I send you some $ anyway??? I'm so excited that you guys will be the represented Wish Family! YAY!!!

April said...

Becky, you're so funny- Do not send money! You already represent the foundation in your area!! Love ya!!

minerfam said...

I am so so excited!! Please e-mail me a form so we can sign up! I love you and your little family!

minerfamathotmaildotcom

-DanaLee

Emily said...

I'm so excited for you guys! What wish are you getting granted? We will totally be at the race. Also, I saw you are moving forward with your Christmas care packages and I hope you'll let me enlist! Hope you're doing good.

heather peck said...

Our family is totally in! That is so fun, I'm excited!!!!!

Brad and Hailey said...

That's awesome! What an amazing experience!

Colleen said...

Make a wish is such a great organization...I really hope he enjoys his wish and the honor of being a featured family at the run!

Lisa Christine said...

That's wonderful! I wish I lived closer....you know I would be there!

So what wish are they making come true for your family?

Julianne said...

This is so exciting! I hope it was a great visit to make a wish today. Jewels