Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Brother Bag

I love to watch my boys spend special brother time with Caleb every day. They each have their favorite things to do with him...read a story, rub his feet, brush his hair...
but sometimes they like to have an idea.
So, I decided to make a special brother bag.
Each week I'll put 4 or 5 special objects in it
so that they can have some ideas how to interact with Caleb!


I'm trying to include a story to read, something he can feel, something he can hear, and a toy or puppet that is visually exciting.
Yesterday I watched Matthew squishing play dough into Caleb's hands, and I knew that the brother bag was here to stay!

7 comments:

Becky said...

OOOHHHHH!!! I LOVE it. :) You are so creative. Aside from playdough...Stevie loves to squish floam into Ben's hands, have you ever felt floam? It's FUN!

Kel said...

What a wonderful idea!

arianne said...

This is such a fantastic idea. I love that puppet too, by the way. Where do you find your puppets?

Lisa Christine said...

I love this idea, I really, really do! In fact, I might have to borrow it....but instead, it will be called a sister bag :)

April said...

Arianne, I've purchased a lot of my puppets from Costco- and I've found some great ones at yard sales :)!!!

Ashley Dawn said...

What a great idea. He's so lucky to have a mother like you...

Rebecca Jackson said...

What a fantastic idea! I love how you are taking an active roll in assuring that all of your boys have a brotherly bond.