Up until now, Caleb has been in a crib. A crib has been the best place to keep him safe, and we've done our best to keep him cozy and comfortable. This past year it was quickly becoming evident that Caleb had no more room in his little bed. We knew it was time to think about getting something else. We were hoping to get a sleep safe bed. Our doctors wrote letters of medical necessity to our insurance company, and we were promptly...denied. However, our secondary insurance really made a case for it, and the day after Caleb's birthday we found out it had been approved! Getting medical equipment for Caleb has been a challenge at times. When his bed arrived, I was overcome. It is a bed that will last for years and years. For me, it has H.O.P.E written all over it.


11 comments:
April,
We looked at these beds for Faith but of course it was out of the question. So we built one for her, instead. But those are so nice, I sure hope that Caleb gets lots of great years out of that wonderful bed!
Looks fantastic!
I can't believe you had to fight to get it, it is after all something he NEEDS!
Not only is it so helpful...it's beautiful. :) You'll have to tell me what kind of storage it has. I'm worried about losing my storage space if we get something like this. It looks GREAT in his cozy little room. xoxo
Wow that bed is awesome! Way to go Caleb!
My first thought was "wow, that is beautiful" - what a great bed. Our little one was severe cp and we have made do with a daybed and then we also use a safety rail to ensure that if on a lark she rolled ... Anyways, great bed and it looks comfy!
I am SO happy for Caleb! It is a very beautiful bed, but I think the comfort that it will provide him is the greatest part of all!
I'd love to see you tomorrow but both my kids have really yucky coughs (Eleyna has a fever too) and I don't want to contaminate your house.
Dessert night this week sometime?
The the theme of time out for women conference this weekend was "infinite hope." I learned that it is actually a commandment to hope all things, and that hope will work wonders when in the good company of faith. You keep, hoping, girl, and I'll add my hope to yours, and miracles WILL happen!
Here's to years and years of Caleb sleeping soundly in his sweet bed.
Love you! xo
What a beautiful bed! I'm so glad you were able to get it!
Wow! It's lovely! Besides being just what Caleb needs, what a really really nice piece of furniture. Congratulations!
Found you over a kidz.
We just got approved for the same bed! We went a couple of rounds, trying to prove our little guy needs it. And finally it should be arriving in a month or so!
What a great bed for Caleb. I haven't been on your blog for awhile. Had computer problems so lost all my favorites when the computer was cleaned. Am slowly putting things back on to look at. Glad your secondary insurance company went to battle for you. Great piece of furniture, and I hope he'll enjoy many years of comfort with his new safe bed.
Post a Comment