Monday, May 10, 2010

Nick Name


We have a lot of nick names in our family.
I nick name the kids with ie's:
Joshie, Mattie, Mitchie, Bubbie (Caleb doesn't really work with ie attached)
I admittedly use fluffy nicknames like sweetie, buddy, winkie... you get the idea.
My hubby on the other hand is a nickname master.
He's given us all kind of crazy nick names.
Just to name a few:

Old timer Old Man
Shark Shark Bait Bait-er
Mo Lubbs Bubbs
one eyed bandit
"one
" Moses Match Squishy
Specs Ear wigs
Poopsie Lirpa,


Bet you can't tell which names belong to Caleb!

Me, I'd never think to use a name like
"The one eyed bandit" for Caleb.
I'd worry that it wasn't nearly sweet enough.
But then again, I'd also never think to tell the boys bed time stories that always end with Caleb, the one eyed bandit, saving his brothers by sending all of the bad guys to the city dump.

Our boys love it, and you know what, I think Caleb does too.

Incidentally, Matthew's newest nick name for Caleb is
"pillow" because he's so comfortable and squishy.
Now that's nick name that's right up my fluffy alley!

10 comments:

Candace said...

April,
That is so cute! Love it! I always love to see how affectionate your whole family is around Caleb and eachother. I make up lots of nicknames for Faith too! Carl laughs at me all the time...saying where did you come up with that one? LOL!

Tara Bennett said...

This is exactly why kids need a mom AND a dad. They need the sweetness, but they need they craziness too. I love watching Chloe interact with her dad. Sometimes I try doing the things he does with her. She laughs hysterically at him, but when I do it, she just looks at me like, "Mom, you're sure weird!"

Lacey said...

Sounds like our house. We have some crazy nicknames for our children. People at the store probably think I'm crazy when I yell, Mondo and Bus, get over here!
The best one for Jax so far, big sexy!

Becky said...

Kiss that One Eyed Bandit for me! :)

minerfam said...

My heart just melted... that is so sweet!

The VW's said...

We are big on nicknames at our house too! We have so many names for Gavin that sometimes I wonder if he even knows his real name!

Your family has some very cute and original ones! :)

Bugg's mama said...

That is the sweetest thing I've heard ALL WEEK.

I can't wait to meet the cute winker someday. SOON! ok?

Love, Bree

shirlgirl said...

What is ironic in the "Bubbie" nickname for Caleb is that Becky's Kaleb was also nicknamed "Bubby" by Kayla. She started to call him that and it stuck. Now that he is older, they've gone back to Kaleb. Your Kaleb is so sweet and has such chunky rosie cheeks. Give him a big kiss on them for me.

Jen said...

Great post! I love how Caleb can be a super hero and a pillow all at the same time- so cute. Here a few that i use- sunsine girl, bubba ganooch, angel face, bubba, lovey, sweet pea, peanut, little man, french fry guy, oh goodness the list goes on. Don't tell anyone, but when my husband and I were teenagers, i called him punkin' lol. Enjoy your day!

Kel said...

I think super-heroes come in the most unexpected packages. I can totally see Caleb rescuing ALL his brothers.