Caleb has made a lot of progress and we're hoping to bring him home in the next day or so! Our hearts have been full as we've felt the prayers offered in his behalf. Today Caleb's lungs have become more diminished. He hasn't had to go back on the ventilator but doctors think he'll likely need more ventilator support at home for the next several weeks while he continues to recover. He has also had a lot of seizure activity for the past two days. We're hoping that as he recovers, his seizures will calm down as well.
HAPPY THINGS...
Pomegranate frozen yogurt in the cafeteria today
Visits from people we love
Caleb lost a tooth! (I told the tooth fairy she can come when he gets home since the PICU doesn't really appreciate glitter)
I finally got to hold Caleb today and we rocked in the rocking chair until my sitter almost grew to the seat.
We're definitely homeward bound... HOORAY!
14 comments:
So glad to hear!!!!!!!
Your family and especially Caleb have had a special place in our hearts the past few days. Yea for home vents so we can take our little ones home!! Yea for an amazing PICU that does an amazing job taking care of our complicated little ones.
AWESOME, awesome, awesome news!!!!!
Hope Caleb's seizures settle soon.
I also cant wait to hear he is home with you all again x
That is wonderful news! Wishing you a speedy recovery little Caleb. You are quite the fighter!!
Such wonderful news! You are a little fighter Caleb. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
So glad to hear that he is about ready to come home. It will be nice for your lives to get back to as normal as possible. Sending you lots of love and prayers.
I'm so excited to hear he is improving so quickly. AMAZING! Miracles continue. xoxo
So glad to hear this. My heart has been so anxious for you-especially since I've been out of town. Plan on me bringing dinner as soon as you make it home. Hang in there. I love you.
I feel so horrible, as I sit here and wallow in my own misfortune of the last few months, I totally missed that Caleb has been so sick! I'm glad he is doing better! And thanks for the wake up call that life isn't really as bad as I think it is. Jax is here after all, that alone is a miracle for me to be thankful for!
so, so happy to hear that you are headed home soon. Give Caleb hugs for us.
yay! I am so glad to hear that!
Yay Caleb!
I am so happy to hear that Caleb is progressing well and will soon be able to be home with you all. I will look forward to hearing that is home again soon. Hope his seizures settle down soon. Thank you for sharing your experiences with precious Caleb. They have touched my heart deeply.
Post a Comment