Dallan is spending a quiet Sunday with Caleb, and I stayed home to go to church with the boys. He informed me this morning that Caleb was off his ventilator, and he is off all of the blood pressure medication! Caleb has responded well to treatment and will likely be able to come home in the next few days! Our hearts are so full of gratitude.
Yesterday I spent the day with Caleb and had a little adventure on my way home. There was a violent rainstorm going on in Salt Lake when I left the hospital. I like to be brave, but to be honest, driving in dark stormy weather really scares me. I could hardly see the road and called Dallan to see if it was raining in Utah Valley. While we were talking the tire light went on. That light goes on all time time and rarely indicates a real tire problem so I planned to continue. I hung up with Dallan and said a little prayer that Heavenly Father would keep me safe... and almost immediately I felt like I should pull over and check the tires. I pulled off in the last spot possible before getting on the freeway, and sure enough, my tire was almost completely flat.
I called Dallan who without hesitation packed up our other little boys and drove all the way to Salt Lake to rescue me. He filled the tire and we decided to see how far it would go. He drove the van with the flat and told me he'd go ahead so I could follow behind him and not be so scared. I couldn't see the lines on the road for most of the trip home, but as long as I kept my eyes on Dallan's tail lights I wasn't afraid because I knew he would get me home.
As I followed Dallan in our little red car with the backseat full of sleeping little boys, my heart was so full of love for him. He never once made me feel silly about not trying to get home on my own. He just came. He gave me a light to follow so I wouldn't be afraid. That is who he is. He is a quiet light who I know I can always count on to lead me home.
I am so thankful for Heavenly Father's watchful care. I know Caleb has been closely attended by Heavenly helpers. I know I was prompted to pull over. And I know he blessed me with a husband who will always come to my rescue.
My heart is full.
10 comments:
What a scary adventure for you! It's bad enough in good weather, never mind a rainstorm. You certainly were blessed by Heavenly Father with a little nudge from him as well as a loving, devoted, and caring husband and father who came to your rescue.
I also meant to add something to the previous post and forgot. Glad that Caleb is doing so well and that he should be home with all of you soon. He's a little fighter, that's for sure.
I am so glad Caleb is improving and that you can see how much Heavenly Father is blessing your family. You are such a great example to me. I love you and am praying for you guys!
I am so glad Caleb is improving and that you can see how much Heavenly Father is blessing your family. You are such a great example to me. I love you and am praying for your family!
It is amazing how our Heavenly Father is ALWAYS watching over us, especially when we are in need of a special blessing. I'm glad Caleb is getting better. How scary for you all.
So glad you were safe and listened, and so glad you have such a great hubby :) Awesome news that Caleb is almost better too!!!!
(word verification is spedn - glad you weren't 'speeding' :)
So glad he is making progress! You are in our prayers.
Good news all around! You are the best, April, and you deserve ALL your sweet boys -- your amazing hubs included, of course!
What a wonderful story! Your husband is amazing. Thank you for sharing that with us!
Dallan is an amazing man and I love and respect him deeply.
Post a Comment