* Nurses and techs who are compassionate!
* A visitor!
* A surprise balloon and teddy bear!
* 60 cent mashed potatoes in the cafeteria!
* A remodeled front entrance
* Meeting special families.
* Free ice water
* Leaving the PICU! (who knew you could use the phone, have visitors, use the bathroom and eat in your very own room!)
* Meeting a special down syndrome friend in the PICU
* BYU and UTAH rivalry among patients and staff
* A special visit from Josh and Matthew
* A few moments alone with my hubby in the cafeteria
* New knowledge
* Selfless service from family and friends
* Yummy surprises
* Driving to the hospital listening to Christmas music
* Driving home from the hospital while listening to Christmas music
* Not ONE bad weather day to drive in!
* A special friend who has "been there" with a trach child
* Kind comments to read when I got home at night
* Chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies in the cafeteria
* a parking spot every day
* Soft hands (they have good hand lotion in Caleb's care box)
* unlimited rocking chair time
* The Calder game (the book I read)
* Secret Leaf rakers
* Oxygen
* Only two IV's!
* Tissues
* A pink little boy
* Answered prayers
* Courage
5 comments:
You are such an amazing woman. Thank you for sharing your story. Love to Caleb..xxx
You are such an amazing woman. Thank you for sharing your story. Love to Caleb..xxx
what a sweet, beautiful picture of Caleb. He looks so peaceful and comfortable. I love your list April. I too am thankful to have met you. Even though I went through this first, you have also taught me and I thank you for that. You are a great example to others. Wish I were closer....are you going home today?
Our experience at PCH was very short compared to your many but we had a wonderful experience there too. Your thankful thoughts sure took me back to when we were at PCH in the PICU with Brayden. Many things that touched our hearts too. Its a scary place to be but also a very touching place to be also. We too met many amazing pts, wonderful nurses, families and drs. I too was thankful for the water and ice machine. :-) That post sure took me back and reminded me of that experience in our life that helped us to realize life is too fragile and too many things in life just do not matter. Thanks for your post April. :-)
I am grateful for my daughter April who is full of gratitude even on hard days, full of love even when she is exhausted and full of sunshine even when the storm clouds are overheard. I LOVE YOU!!!!! MOM
Post a Comment