Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hands Full

We've had our hands full of fun things!



And we finished our morning making the yummiest chocolate chip oatmeal cookies ever!

I like recipes that make a lot so this is a great one!
1 1/2 c shortening or margarine
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla 
5 c oatmeal
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda 
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I add more because I think it's tasty!)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 c of chocolate chips (I add more because you can never have too much chocolate)
Mix the first 6 ingredients.  Then mix dry ingredients and add to the sugar mixture.  Blend well and drop on cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes.


8 comments:

Junior said...

Love those smiles. Yummy, I am going to have to try your cookie recipe.

Colleen said...

I love a good cookie recipe. Thank you!

The VW's said...

Oh, so much fun! Your boys look so happy! Combing your hair is overrated anyway! Hope you continue to have lots of fun! Hugs!!!

Janet "Grammy" Harrold said...

April, Nice to meet you and your wonderful and beautiful family, especially Caleb. He truly is a miracle and I think it would be nice if many families adopted that special wink code for caleb (maybe you would prefer it just be your own personal wink and that's o.k.)But I think it would be nice for your family to see it catch on across the world. We could start a campaign and your family would feel the love and support of strangers everywhere. Anyway, just a thought. As a grandmother, your mom's story (poem)really touched me.I can't express enough to extended family how important it is for them to be involved in their loved ones lives and it amazes me at how many are not. Nice meeting you and looking forward to getting to know you better while we work together on kidz. You are an amazing Mom!

Tara Bennett said...

Oh thanks for the yummy recipe! And wow is that a happy pic of Caleb or what.... he is just beaming with joy!

Becky said...

LOVE these pictures! You can see the joy in Caleb's face. Thanks for the chat yesterday. I MISS YOU!

shirlgirl said...

LOVE that picture of Caleb. It is so sweet--he is a precious boy. Please give him a kiss for me. The recipe looks good too. I'll bet there aren't any left in your house!

arianne said...

I want to try these. Thanks for sharing.