Last Spring I dug up all of my tulips. We were hoping to get some bushes planted, and we didn't want to plant on top of the bulbs.
We didn't end up getting our bushes in so this Spring our flower beds were bare- or so I thought. One rainy morning I looked closely at our dirt and could see numerous tulips pushing their way through! They must have spread to places that I didn't realize! We had over 20 tulips pop up unexpectedly this spring, and they delight my heart every time I step outside.
We didn't end up getting our bushes in so this Spring our flower beds were bare- or so I thought. One rainy morning I looked closely at our dirt and could see numerous tulips pushing their way through! They must have spread to places that I didn't realize! We had over 20 tulips pop up unexpectedly this spring, and they delight my heart every time I step outside.
I love tulips; they are so brave. They push their way through hard wintered soil. They continue to grow through unexpected snow storms. They are the first blooms we see after a long cold season.
I know Heavenly Father is aware of the ache in our hearts. He knew we needed Spring more than ever this year. My heart is full of gratitude for a Father who delights to own and bless me in ways that only He could.
The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring. ~Bern Williams
8 comments:
YOU are brave.
You push your way through hard wintry trials.
you continue to grow through unexpected storms.
YOU are the bloom we see after your hard season of heartbreak.
When Heavenly Father created Hope, he had YOU in mind.
And THEN he created Spring.
XO
Happy Spring!
Great shots and touching words. You like tulips because they're so much like you.
I love Jenny's comments to your blog. Your pictures are beautiful. I am going to email you a picture that I copied from one of your posts awhile ago. I've made prints and have put them on card stock to make note cards. They are very special.
your unexpected tulips in spring = a tender mercy for me. this is just what i needed to read today april. thank you. i love you!
Im so happy you are seeing such beauty despite the struggles you are having
Beautiful, thoughtful, and strong. xo
April, I love the way you write. So tender and sweet, just like you. I too love tulips. They are one of my favorite flowers. Mine just recently came up and it made my heart smile. I love you!!!
Post a Comment