Saturday, December 27, 2008
Hospital Holiday day 3 -Breathing Boy!
Today Caleb went off of the ventilator! He was able to use a trach mask all day without going back on the vent! He still needs a lot of oxygen, but he's doing much better. I was able to put him on my lap and rock him for most of the afternoon. We were both very happy campers! A sweet mom that I met when Caleb had RSV last winter was also back in the hospital with her little girl, so we were able to sneak away and have breakfast in the cafeteria together. You know you're a "regular" when you see lots of familiar faces! His chest X rays still don't look very good, but it's probably due to his chronic respiratory challenges. I anticipate that tomorrow will be a peaceful day and that next week we will start having some studies done so we can start making some decisions about what we will do from here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a relief! Good job Caleb!!! I'm happy for you and your family. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before you are all home together again. That would be the best 4th birthday present EVER! :) Thanks for the update.
Oh, how we love you. You are all in our prayers.
Yay for Caleb! I'm glad he's doing better :) What a sweet little boy you have!
I'm a friend of Joy's and found your blog through hers. Our first baby spent some weeks at Primary Children's this summer, and I have a tender spot in my heart for you and little Caleb. We will pray for your family.
I am glad he is doing better. We love you guys! Hang in there!
So glad you are doing better, Caleb. You are now on the prayer list in my church. Every little prayer helps, that's for sure. You are a very cute little boy and so are your brothers. You are very lucky to have such a loving and caring family, just like your friend Ben who is my great nephew. He's looking forward to meeting you in the spring, so you have to get better so you can meet him and his wonderful Mom.
Post a Comment