
We've had Caleb home for almost a week! We've quickly adapted to the changes in Caleb's care and feel like things are getting back to normal. Our little boys have been really sweet about Caleb's new look. Josh is over-coming his nervous feelings and is realizing he doesn't need to be so worried. The trach hasn't phased Matthew at all, he still crawls into Caleb's crib to snuggle and cuddle him. Mitchell is happy to have his roomie back even though it's a bit more noisy! Caleb has been recovering well. He's had fevers on and off, and a few scary spells where we've had to bag him and change the trach tube, but over all he is getting better each day! On Sunday I took him off of oxygen and his humidifier and put an artificial nose on him to see how he would do.....he did really well for almost 2 hours! I just loved having him on my lap with out so many tubes attached! He hasn't turned blue since his surgery, so I think we're on the right track! I think having the tubes in his ears has helped him, too. Sometimes he smiles when I start singing to him, and I even startled him the other day when I coughed! We're really looking forward to this new chapter with our sweet little boy! We're so thankful for the sweet concern that has been shown!
Mitchell and his "roomie"


4 comments:
Wow! Caleb looks great. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm so glad everything is going well for you guys. I love you so very much. MOM
Oh so happy he is home and safe with you guys. What a lovely big brother giving kisses..xx
those pictures with his brother made me cry. SO sweet. He looks great April. It's a testament to your love and caretaking. Hopefully each day Caleb will continue to improve. I'm glad that the trach ties work for his neck. I wish I would have known that because there are times when Ben's neck doesn't look so good. Definitely something to keep in mind for future events. See? I'm learning from you too! :) Kiss your sweet boy for me. Love, Becky
I am so glad to hear he is doing so well! He's such a handsome little man!
Post a Comment