Caleb and I had our own Pioneer Day camp out. Since he still isn't feeling well, we set up camp in his hospital room for another night and watched the Disney channel until our eyeballs wanted to fall out!
Happy things:
* Yesterday there was an extra lunch so the nurses gave it to me! YUMMY!
* The nurses loaded my little boys up with cookies and treats when they came to visit.
* No more IV's for Caleb, just the PICC line.
* I can see the Y on the mountain from my window.
* Cafe Rio & a lime squeeze
Tender things:
* Caleb is having a strong reaction to one of the antibiotics he's getting through the PICC. He gets red man syndrome (that's really what it's called :) and get highly agitated.
* He's still pretty miserable and is requiring a lot of medication to be somewhat comfortable.
Hopeful things:
* We hope we can come home today!
* We hope after we finish these antibiotics that Caleb will feel a lot better.
* We hope we can have some future hospital stays at Utah Valley- it's been great to be close to home so I can slip home and take a shower!
We hope you've all had a great pioneer day weekend!
8 comments:
Lots of prayers that Caleb will start feeling better and you guys can come home. Hugs
We want to come play with you when Becky and Junior come. Let me know the time and place!
Poor Caleb. I had Vanco once and had the red-man reaction...so miserable. I hope you guys get to go home soon. Way to look on the bright side of things! Miss you.
So sorry to hear that you and Caleb are in the hospital! Praying he feels better soon and you are both able to get home again quickly! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!
Your outlook is always so positive and I love ya for it. I'm sorry you're still in the hospital. Will you call me? I'd like to come visit sometime this week if you're still there, although I really hope you're home soon. Love you and praying for Mr Caleb. Get better, buddy!
I'm trying to catch up...and I know you are home now which is GREAT! Wondering if they changed his IV meds? I'll call you. xoxo
You are able to find your blessings even during difficult times better than anyone I know.
So sorry to hear about Caleb's struggles. We pray things improve. Thank you for your example in looking at the bright side.
Post a Comment