We're still in the hospital and are hoping to come home today.
Happy things:
* We've been able to be at Utah Valley hospital so we're close to home.
* I was able to walk to Kneaders for lunch and saved a fruit tart for later!
* I got the best parking spot in the lot!
* The doctors and nurses are being wonderful to us.
* Caleb and I snuggled in his bed and watched Lord of the Rings.
* We had a some really handsome visitors last night before turning in.
Tender things:
* Caleb still feels pretty yucky.
* He's needing lorazapam every 4 hours around the clock just to take the edge off.
* The Klepsiella he keeps growing in his trach, bladder and lungs just keeps getting more resistant to antibiotics, so I worry about what that means for the future.
We're crossing our fingers that we can come home today! We need to show Caleb that it's okay not to be in the hospital over holiday weekends!
HAPPY PIONEER DAY!
8 comments:
Oh I hope you can get home today. We want to come play when Becky and Junior come. You'll have to tell me where you live!
Thinking and praying for your family! I just love watching Caleb grow up on your blog! Happy Pioneer Day Caleb!
Oh honey, I had no idea!! I'm glad he's doing better, though. Hope you get out today! Happy Pioneer Day!
Oh Caleb, I hope you get to feeling better very soon. So sorry you had to stay in the hospital.
April you guys are in our prayers. We hope you are able to get home today. Hugs and can't wait to see you.
Sorry to hear Caleb is still in hospital.
I can understand your worry for his resistance to the AB's.
Thinking of you all and hope you get your little man home soon.
xxx
oh no - I was hoping you would be home by now. Tell him to hurry and get well, so he can hang out with Becky :)
Noah has tested positive for pseudomonas years ago which means we are treating it with long term nebulised antibiotics and also that it's a worry about the future too as he is also becoming resistant to the antibiotics we use. Fingers and toes crossed and lots of prayers, that he will get home soon.
This is Lisa - Noah's Mum. Just can't be bothered to sign out of our Stake YW blog account :)
Oh hospital holidays, known all too well. but i promise, you do get out eventually and get some holidays at home!
I haven't read the next post yet, so I don't know how the story ends, but I am sorry you were there over the weekend. Yuck. We worry about antibiotic resistance too. Scary stuff. Hope you get the perfect regimen so Caleb can feel top-notch again.
Post a Comment