Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Precious Moments (parents)

Winter time was always difficult for Caleb.  Every year as Winter approached I would always worry how Caleb would weather.  This year my heart felt extra heavy.   We had seen from a summer episode of pneumonia how quickly things could get critical.  I was so worried it would happen again, and I wondered if Caleb's immune system would be able to withstand another serious infection.  In November I started having a really strong prompting  I needed to take some pictures.  I asked my sister who is great with a camera if she would take some pictures of our family. 
Then it snowed. 
I thought we had missed our chance, and I knew it was likely that Caleb wouldn't feel well enough for pictures until spring.  However, one November Sunday afternoon, the sun appeared, and at the spur of the moment we spent about 20 minutes with Arianne getting our pictures taken with Caleb as the sun went down. 
These are our last family pictures.  These are the pictures we displayed at Caleb's funeral.  These are the pictures that will always hang on my wall.  These pictures will always represent my family, in a moment frozen in time, a sacred time we will always hold dear. (Over the next few days I'll share some of my favorite pictures of our precious moments together as the sun went down)






17 comments:

arianne said...

I wish I could have done more than these shots. But the light only lasted so long. I'll always remember this--I thought your boys would be rowdy and it would be hard. Instead they were reverent and peaceful. I felt like an intruder almost, watching you all love each other. Thanks for the privelage of being a witness.

Preemie mom said...

Such a beautiful family, and so much more beautiful for having Caleb.

Thanks for sharing.

A Preemie Mom
Christina

Janene Baadsgaard said...

I always call the golden light at the end of the day "God's light". Caleb along with his father, mother and brothers continue to be a light to everyone who knows them.

The Johnson Crew said...

They are beautiful and perfect. It looks as though you spent a whole day getting the perfect shots. Thanks for sharing the story. What tender mercies we are given.
Lots of love
Gayle

Jenn said...

Love these, they captured your beautiful family perfectly!

Tara Bennett said...

These pictures are perfect. You are in my thoughts and prayers continuously. I love you <3

Tara Bennett said...

These pictures are perfect. You are in my thoughts and prayers continuously. I love you <3

Tara Bennett said...

These pictures are perfect. You are in my thoughts and prayers continuously. I love you <3

shirlgirl said...

Those family pictures are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful moments with sweet Caleb.

Junior said...

beautiful pictures and such precious memories. hugs and love

Brad and Hailey said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to take them!

Barb said...

I haven't visited your blog in a while and just heard today that Caleb returned to his heavenly home. I just wanted to tell you that it was a priviledge to know Caleb and really an honor to know you. I am awestruck by your love, your strength and your ability to see clearly what life is really about. I love how in tune you are with the Spirit as you cared for Caleb. Even these pictures and the other recent moments you captured are eveidence of that. When I grow up (spirtiually) I want to be just like you! I am thinking of you and the hole that Caleb leaves in your home that I hope will be filled with memories and love and faith.

Anonymous said...

Adore these photos, love to you all x

The VW's said...

What beautiful pictures! I'm so glad that you were pulled to do this when you did! What a blessing to have these gorgeous shots of your family and sweet Caleb! Love, Big Hugs and Prayers!!!

Colleen said...

Beautiful photos! So glad you had just the right light! I'm continuing to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Tanya said...

So thankful for the gift of photography to "freeze" these beautiful moments. I love you.

Becky said...

SO glad you were prompted...these pictures are forever treasures!!