Thursday, January 8, 2009

Earth Angel


Jeffrey R. Holland: ...not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day...

I have sweet moments with Caleb when I know that I live with an angel. Even when Caleb is so sick that he can hardly move...he still has an miraculous effect on people. We usually spend most of our time in the PICU where Caleb can't have many visitors. However, during this last hospital stay, I was so touched by the visitors Caleb had...visitors from within the hospital. Many doctors, residents and nurses who have met Caleb before, would come by day after day to check on him, stand by his bed for a moment, and feel his sweet little spirit. Caleb couldn't walk or talk with them- He touched their hearts... and they felt it. I felt it. One told me she had never been so touched and inspired before. I know. Me too.
This last visit was 13 days long. Nine IV's later...and Caleb still shines. I live with an angel, whose feet have never left the ground.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sitting here at Dartmouth with tears in my eyes. I have felt those very same feelings and yet I haven't ever met Caleb in person. You DO have an angel in your midst. And do you know what else? YOU are one of those angels. ;)

Joy said...

I would have to agree with Becky. All of you are angles and have special missions to fulfull!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing a bit of your heaven on earth.

shirlgirl said...

Hope your angel baby is doing well and that you and the rest of the family are doing well, too. I've been checking your blog daily for updates, but I know you must be busy with all that is going on at home. You are in my prayers. Have a blessed Sunday. Give that little angel of yours a kiss for me.

Janene Baadsgaard said...

What a great mission Caleb has. How he has touched so many lives. I will never be the same. I count myself most blessed to be the grandma of such an angel. I love you. MOM