Friday, January 2, 2009

Hospital holiday day 9

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Caleb sends loads of love to you for 2009!
Yesterday was a pretty calm day at the hospital. All of the tests that were run for Caleb's fever came back in normal range. Caleb's shunt series came back normal as well. Usually shunts have lots of problems so we've been really blessed that we've never had any trouble with Caleb's in the 3 years he's had it! We reviewed the results of Caleb's EEG. Most of his seizure behavior doesn't record as seizures, which makes it difficult to medicate. The events that did show as seizures probably wouldn't be helped very much with medication unless we want him so medicated that he's sleepy all the time, so unless they keep getting worse, we're just going to keep our medications the same for now.
Dallan and I start ventilator training tomorrow and if all goes well we should be able to bring Caleb home on Monday or Tuesday. Just in time for his birthday! Dallan is going to spend the day with Caleb today while I catch up around the house and spend some time with our other cute little boys!
Wishing you a 2009 full of happiness and love!

4 comments:

Joy said...

I hope that all goes well with your training and Caleb can come home soon. Thanks for the heads up about the game, but we got it covered on this end. I told you the blood in my house runs VERY BLUE, COUGAR BLUE that is. The kids are still very excited to go. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Becky said...

Hooray Caleb! Keep showing those doctors what a fighter you are. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that you are home for your birthday! :) Love you both.

shirlgirl said...

So glad things are getting better for Caleb. You and Dallan will do great in your training. I am sure the hospital will have a respiratory therapist come to your home for awhile to make sure all is going well. It'd be great if Caleb can get home for his birthday--nice present for him and especially for you and your other three boys.

Kel said...

You and Caleb are my inspiration.