Monday, January 5, 2009

Hospital Holiday day 12- homeward bound!

What would the best birthday present be for Caleb?.... COMING HOME! Right now the plan is to get him home sometime tomorrow! However the weather is horrible right now which is making it impossible for me drive home, so I'll be staying the night. Without me coming home tonight, it complicates our plans to get Caleb's room all set up with our home health care company. It's also going to be a bit tricky to have both Dallan and I in the car with Caleb when I'm here with one car... But if the weather cooperates and the planets are aligned, we'll figure out a way to get him home! Otherwise, we may bring him home first thing Wednesday morning! HOORAY! Today I also found out that Caleb is going to qualify for some nursing at home through a waiver program for trach kids!
Thank you for your many prayers for our little family. I know that Heavenly Father carefully considers every request, and we are truly humbled and grateful for the miracles that surround us! It is overwheming to be the recipients of so many blessings due to the faith and prayers of so many. With all of our hearts...thank you!
Our hearts are full as we head for home... Snowplows, may the force be with you!

8 comments:

Becky said...

You make me laugh...the snowplow comment is FUNNY! Thanks for your great attitude. I am THRILLED that you are coming home and I'm even more happy that you get the nursing that you need. Now I'm praying that you will find one that you will love and trust with your sweet boy. What a great birthday present...Happy Birthday Caleb, and Happy Birthing day to YOU! :) Love you both. ♥

Ali the B. said...

Snowplows beware!!! There are many prayers going out for you all to come home...I am glad he is doing better & his sweet smile brings tears to my eyes...
Good luck fighting the weather!! Be safe & we will see you soon, I want to come over for some 'coffee' & a chat :)

Tanya said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweet Caleb!!

Maxfields said...

Happy Happy birthday Caleb Dear happy days may come to you all year. If we had one wish then it would be... A Happy Happy Birthday to you from us!!

Joy said...

yeah! I hope you make it home. The weather is terrilbe. I have already cleared my driveway twice! Hope he continues on the up and up.

Janene Baadsgaard said...

I can't wait to see and hug my birthday boy today! I LOVE YOU CALEB! What a wonderful gift to have you home today on your birthday and mine. Grandma B.

shirlgirl said...

How wonderful to be able to bring him home! Hope you made it for his birthday. If not, just the fact that he is going home is terrific. And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CALEB! You've reached four years, and that is just awesome!

Jodie said...

April,

Wow! I am so sorry Caleb had to go back to the hospital. I was just going to go check your blog after Christmas and sat at my computer and cried! All my kids were wondering what was wrong with me. I can not imagine having to be back in the hospital. You are such an amazing person with the most amazing attitude. We love Caleb and have been praying for you all. Sweet Caleb is such a miracle. Blake is doing great. He has fluid in his ears so we may be back to the hospital for tube sometime soon. We are grateful to be your friends.

Good Luck!!!!
Jodie Stratford